Have you finally decided to put a new mattress at the top of your shopping list? Well done for prioritising your sleep health. Shopping for a new mattress doesn’t have to be an overwhelming or confusing experience. Here are a few tips to help you find a new mattress that’s right for you.
1. Take it seriously. Your mattress is one of the most – if not the most – important pieces of furniture you will buy because it directly impacts your quality of sleep and, furthermore, your health. Recognizing the role of your mattress will help you prioritize your sleep needs – and shop smarter.
2. Partners count. Do you share your bed with a significant other? There is an interesting theory. It's reported that having fewer relationship issues is correlated to feeling well rested and then you're less likely to pick a fight after sleeping on a comfortable new mattress.
3. Do your research. Chances are its been several years since you shopped for a new mattress. Just like cellphones and computers, the features used in today’s mattresses are newer – and better – than the features used 10 years ago. Trusted mattress manufacturers and retailers offer their own mattress buying guides on their websites to help you navigate through the mattresses available today, including memory foam, innerspring mattresses and every level of comfort, from soft to extra-firm. A little bit of mattress education will go a long way in helping you understand your options and selecting the right mattress.
4. Remember that size matters. A little more room to stretch can go a long way when it comes to sleep comfort. While your full size mattress may seem like a perfectly snug fit for you and your partner, upgrading your mattress size to a queen or king mattress can be a game-changer. Plus, many couples prefer a larger mattress if they have pets that find their way onto the “human bed” in the middle of the night!
5. Shop with a trusted retailer. Once you have done your research, identified your comfort preference and narrowed down your options, it’s time to find a preferred retailer. Find authorized retailers from manufacturer websites and then seek reviews from your friends, family members or online peer reviews. It’s important to know the retailer’s store policies around mattress returns and exchanges as manufacturer warranties only cover product defects (not comfort preferences).
As you're doing you're research, don't forget to check out the SpineAlign mattress collection. Each mattress is top-of-the-line and we fully stand behind all of our products. If you need any help deciding which one is right for you, send us a message and we'll be happy to help!