Seriously, who among us wouldn't want to sleep better? Sleeping better can lead to becoming happier, more productive people, so here's some tips to help you get a good night's sleep:
1. Avoid drinking tea or coffee late in the evening.
2. Stop smoking – nicotine is a stimulant and so can make it difficult to get to sleep and stay asleep. Plus, smoking has so many other unwanted side effects on your overall health.
3. Go to bed at the same time each night so that you set a routine.
4. Only use your bed for sleeping and sex.
5. Use dimmers on your light switches, and dim the lights in the hours before you go to bed to mimic the change from daylight to night time.
6. Avoid exercise in the evening – exercise early in the day to promote restful sleep.
7. Use blue light blocking glasses once the sun goes down, especially while watching TV or on any electronic device.
8. Try relaxed breathing: breathe slowly and deeply concentrating on your abdomen rather than your chest.
9. Try an herbal tea - chamomile, passion flower, lavender flowers or valerian seem to work well.
10. Use essential oils like lavender on your pillow and inhale their soothing scents as you sleep.
11. Try taking magnesium to help calm you before retiring for the evening.
12. Consider upgrading or updating your mattress and pillow. A broken down, worn out mattress and/or pillow can prevent you from falling asleep and staying asleep. A good memory foam mattress or latex mattress can help you get the rest your body needs.